Thanks to modern medicine and public health practices, human life expectancy has increased twice as long as our ancestors did. However, that doesn’t mean it will stop you from aging. Consider the first signs of aging a wake-up call, from a fine wrinkle to gray hair; it can be scary. Whatever specific sign you see, looking into your lifestyle choices is a good idea.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available today to slow down the signs of aging. One of them is Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).
How to Recognize the Signs of Aging
Every year, you age, and the signs are obvious by the time you reach your 80s. As you age, your skin and body begin to change due to the loss of hormones. Most of the first signs and symptoms of aging usually appear in your 40s. They include:
- Skin: The first signs of aging on the skin include fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging. These usually appear on the forehead, around the mouth, and under the eyes.
- Hair: Aging affects most of your bodily systems, including your hair follicles. As you age, hair can become thinner, gray, and may stop growing.
- Weight: Our weight is determined by three things, our genes, our environment, and our lifestyle. When you age, you lose muscle mass, which can cause a decrease in weight.
- Walk: As you age, not only do you slow down, but you also start using different muscles and bones. This can cause an increase in pain and discomfort, especially with your hips, knees and ankles.
- Brain Power: When you age, your brain’s ability to learn and remember slows down. By the time you reach your 80s, you may even experience memory loss.
The Link Between Hormones and Aging
As a human age, their hormones will also slow down. Our hormones control our aging process and how we react to what’s around us. Testosterone and estrogen are the two major hormones in men and women, respectively. Without the proper amount of these chemicals, your skin and body will slowly begin to age. Once the wrinkles start to appear, it may seem as if they won’t go away. After all, they are a sure sign you’re getting older.
However, there is one natural hormone solution that can slow down the effects of aging. It’s called Hormone Replacement Therapy or HRT.
What is Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is a way to restore and maintain your hormone levels for the best quality of life. For most women, that means balancing estrogen and progesterone levels. HRT replaces hormones your body no longer produces, like estrogen and progesterone. It’s a safe and effective way to reduce the physical and emotional symptoms of menopause and aging.
HRT can be effective for:
- Managing symptoms of menopause and aging
- Aiding in significant weight loss
- Improving quality of life
- Preventing diseases like osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease
The signs of aging can be scary, but you don’t have to let them define you. There are plenty of treatments available to slow down the effects of aging. But instead of covering them up with makeup, try something more effective. Get Hormone Replacement Therapy to slow down the signs of aging. It’s an affordable solution to your aging problems.
Are you interested in getting anti aging hormone therapy? Melinda Silva, MD is a San Diego anti-aging and wellness medical spa in Chula Vista specializing in bioidentical hormones, weight loss, and CoolSculpting. Book an appointment today.